Camp Verde Armory

Constructed of locally handmade adobe bricks, the Camp Verde Armory is the oldest U.S. Army structure in the Verde Valley. It served as a storehouse for munitions and armaments necessitated by General George Crook's upgrading of army equipment, supplies, and personnel during the 1870s. 

The Armory is located on private property; visitation is not permitted.

Location

Collapse
Nearby
Latitude: 34.567079 Longitude: -111.85628 Elevation: 3118 ft

Time Period Represented

1817

Leave a Comment

Submit