Constructed in 1918, the old Camp Verde High School is now part of the Town of Camp Verde’s government office complex, housing the Public Works, Parks and Recreation, and Finance offices. The school slowly evolved from an older, abandoned two-room military building made of wood.
The transformation from military building to high school began in 1918 when voters approved a$6,000 bond to construct three classrooms and an office; a cafeteria, a gymnasium, and six additional classrooms were constructed later. The school's first students found soldiers' letters dating to the 1870s in the basement of the original military structure. School plays, graduation, sports games, and other community events took place in an adjoining large Quonset hut.