The Red Rock Ranger Station has an amazing visitor center where visitors and locals alike will enjoy learning about the area’s many scenic wonders and world class recreation opportunities. Here is a brief overview of the services and exhibits offered at the Red Rock Ranger District Visitor Center.
- Recreation Activity/Trip Planning Assistance
- Detailed Trail/Road Information
- Free Forest Recreation Guide with Map
- Arizona Natural History Association Store (Maps, Books, Gifts)
- Sale of Red Rock Passes
- Sale of Federal Interagency (America the Beautiful) Passes
- Sale of Forest Product Permits (personal use fuelwood, rock for landscaping)
- General Forest Information
Exhibits inside the visitor center building:
- Plan Your Trip: Interactive recreational trip planning.
- Stories In Stone: Red Rock Country geology display.
- Honor the Past: Human timeline and cultural artifacts of the Verde Valley.
- The Mosaic of Life: Interactive display highlights the 7 biotic communities found in the Coconino National Forest.
- Fire: Nature’s Housekeeper: Meet a Forest Service firefighter and learn the vital role fire plays.
Outside Displays: Native plant garden, Hummingbird/pollinators garden, Smokey Bear, and stunning view!
Additional Educational Opportunities: Special programs, events, and school activities.